Sunday, May 11, 2014

Prison Architect Review

Prison Architect is a game that is exactly what the title states, you are a prison architect. In this game you can start your prison from scratch with just builders and a delivery truck. In just minutes you can already have a detention center running with all the basic necessities such as holding cells, showers, mess halls, and even a yard for the prisoners. This games graphics may seem unappealing and the people look somewhat strange but let me tell you this game does not disappoint. Its quite easy and extremely addicting and there is a wide range of things for you to do. You can complete challenges to earn money and the more prisoners you have the higher the daily cash flow. The game always presents its self with new challenges for you to face such as having enough money to get more prison cells and other buildings, stopping escapes, and sometimes even massive riots happen. In one of my experiences I was running low on money so I took out a ton of bank loans that later on caused me to go bankrupt and my prisoners were very upset and rioted, I had to call in riot shield squads and retake buildings from them. It was really awesome and I was not mad even though my prison had collapsed and the game ended. This is a game that you just can't get mad at. To prevent riots and escapes you need to set up fences, walls, and even guard patrols. There is a massive amount of things to research and build, the game almost never gets old. You need to either keep security or happiness up because if your missing both, good luck. Prison Architect is still in alpha but feels like a finished game, everything runs super smooth. I would love to see what prison architect adds in later updates, maybe guard towers. I highly recommend buying this game you will love it no matter what, my only suggestion is wait for a sale. The game also includes steam workshop where you can get other peoples prisons and even overhaul mods that make the game awesome ( I have one where it makes the prison look like a Nazi POW camp, I recommend it). Overall this game is great and has awesome future potential, if you don't have it already, you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment